Wednesday, June 13

Later for Antioch

I have to say that my 6 months at Antioch were the worst of my life by far. I found Antioch to be totally sanctimonious and the people (not all) to be fucked up. My experience as an African American male there was terrible. The type of stuff that TWA dealt with was worse than anything I experienced at my other school. Also, the death of one of my closest friends did not help matters. The tenure denial of Ralph Luker was total bullshit and as a professor myself I can only imagine how horrible it was to teach there. I am sorry if this sounds negative, but that was my experience at Antioch.

--Sorry, I do not want people to think that everyone from Bootcamp posted this message. It was me, Amani.

1 comment:

Breena Ronan said...

Do you mean that you experienced a lot of hostility towards people of color? People at Antioch, in my experience, tended to be highly confrontational about everything and often not very worldly about dealing with people who are different from them.